Saturday, January 8, 2011

I'm with the band...

Back in the day, I was a singer. I was in chorus, I was in KV chorus festival, I sang in a small group audition-only chorus at school, and I sang in college. I was a singer. A SINGER. People used to like how I sang.

I've listened and sang along to Beatles songs since Gerald Ford was president. And now, with the advent of Beatles Rock Band, I can realize my dream of singing into a microphone, in front of an audience. Well, in theory, that is. My damn weiner kids won't let me sing. They roll their eyes and sigh and tell me to leave them alone while they're singing and playing Beatles songs. The killer is that I know these songs BETTER than they do! I can get five stars! I can be Paul, John, Ringo, even George, whose songs suck. But they won't let me. I have to kind of hang around behind them until they finish singing a song, then say, "Hey, guys...let me sing this one, would you?" and suffer the eye-rolling, sighing, bitching and moaning. Why? When was I pushed out for the new generation? These people weren't even alive when John was killed. I WAS! REALLY!

Maybe I need to punish them by taking away the singing rights to Beatles Rock Band. Maybe that would show them. I can get five stars. Yeah. That'd show 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment